Saturday , 18 November 2017

Home » Law » Bail Bond to Do List

Bail Bond to Do List

October 14, 2016 10:28 am by: Category: Law Comments Off on Bail Bond to Do List A+ / A-

bail-bond-to-do-list

It’s one of the lists that you’ll hope that you never have to use, but if you find yourself in trouble with the law and in need of bail, here’s a handy list of things to do in order to regain your freedom, and get back onto the right side of the law.

  1. As soon as you’re arrested, the police officer is going to take you to the local jail or processing center and process you into the system. During this process, you’ll have your picture taken, fingerprints taken and processed, and you’ll be placed in a holding cell to wait for your initial hearing.
  2. At your initial hearing, the judge will call you up and read the charges against you. This hearing will not be where you’ll enter a plea, but is rather a formality to let you know what laws you are accused of breaking, and where you will possibly be given a bail amount, as long as you aren’t a flight risk. (Flight Risk means that the judge thinks there is a possibility that you will not show up for a court hearing.)
  3. After they set your bail amount, you’ll need to contact a company that offers bail bonds to assist you with the bail. If you’re in Brazoria County, TX, Pearland Bail Bonds are fairly easy to come by. These companies will pay for up to 90% of the bail price, leaving you with only 10% to pay out of pocket. While you are talking to the company, ensure that you’re completely honest with them about your financial situation. Since you may not have all the money available at that moment for this unexpected expense, they can usually offer you a payment plan to make the payment. Just make sure that the payment plan is something that you can adhere to fiscally, since they can take legal action against you if you don’t pay them back.
  4. Make absolutely sure of your court date and do whatever you need to make sure that you are present for your court date. If you do not show up for your court date, then the court can issue another warrant for your arrest and will likely not offer bail for the second offense. This will also result in more criminal charges against you that will go onto your record and can cause issues for you late on.
  5. After you’ve dealt with everything in court, make sure that you stick to any payment plans that were set up by the bail company. If you fail to pay back the company, they are permitted to repossess your belongings, such as furniture, cars, luxury items, and other items of worth until they feel that they have enough to sell at auction to get their money back. You won’t have any legal recourse since you didn’t adhere to the agreement you signed to get out of holding.

Everyone makes mistakes, but if you follow these steps you can ensure that you won’t have to face the backlash of an arrest for longer than you must.  Just play it cool and follow these guidelines, and you’ll be back to normal in no time.

Bail Bond to Do List Reviewed by on . It’s one of the lists that you’ll hope that you never have to use, but if you find yourself in trouble with the law and in need of bail, here’s a handy list of It’s one of the lists that you’ll hope that you never have to use, but if you find yourself in trouble with the law and in need of bail, here’s a handy list of Rating: 0
scroll to top